Friday, December 12, 2008

AAAAAAGHHHH!!!!!

This is my girl in her first choir concert ever! She did great and was so stinkin cute!
O.K. So I know Christmas is a busy time for everyone and stressful. Some of us handle it better than others. You know who you are. The super organized, on the ball, kids are out of the house type. But I am not one of those kind of people. In fact my brain is so mushy right now I might need to cork up my face holes so it will not leak out.( By the way I am laughing as I write. I may be a little loopy with stress.) So any way I thought I would vent here and if I get it all out, the hope is that I might feel a little more "together" So most of you know my sickness of needing to have my hand in everything my kids are involved with. Most of the time I can handle being roommom in all three classes without batting an eye, or preschool is no big deal. But this time of year all my good intentions blow up in my face. I have 4 class parties to plan and delegate, Activity Day girls present making activity, My kids have their school Jingle Jam and Adam tells me he and his buddies tried out for the part of 4 calling birds and by the way we need costumes. Abby was in the Choir for school and had practices and performance. Plus Oh yeah am I also supposed to decorate the house and by presents for Christmas?!?! My house is a mess, my dishes aren't done Laundry is washed but not folded. Plus I still have to run the kids to sports, birthday parties, scouts, playdates. I know evolution is not accurate or clearly I would have way more hands by now. Anyway I do get that I am not alone in my troubles I just wanted to vent. Tonight I am going to make a point to set up my Nativity and listen to my favorite Holiday music. That is my very favorite part of Christmas. That is when I feel the spirit of the Holiday and remember why I am doing what I do. My goal is to have everything done by The 20th, so I can enjoy the rest of the Holidays. By the way I usually only Christmas cards out every other year. Guess what I sent them out last year so I wouldn't hold my breath for one this year. I wish I could, in my heart (and most likely in my car.)I am thinking of you all and wishing I could see you and visit with you. I do hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas!

8 comments:

Leslie Behunin said...

You are amazing but more importantly, you know what is most important. Dishes, laundry, etc....who cares! You're kids know you care about them and their lives and that's what matters!

I hope you enjoy your night filled with Christmas music.

April Hardy said...

Well now I have something to look forward to next Christmas! You are an awesome mom and make sure your kids are involved in appropriate activities and you are there for those activities. Holidays can be hectic but it's almost over.

The Amayesings said...

Take a deep breath and know you are doing the right things for your kiddeos. Good luck getting it all done. If anyone can, YOU can! Why? Cuz you rock like Mom rocks. You two can do anything!

The Amayesings said...

Oh, and how cute Abbagoo is in her choir outfit. Brings back memories. Give her a big fat hug for me.

Christy said...

I'm glad you took the time to blog! And good luck getting things done by the 20th! That would be awesome to have a clear schedule to be able to enjoy the Holiday.

Christy said...

Oh yeah, and I wanted to say I kind of think Abby looks like April in that picture...

Cindy Ardis said...

Oh! I remember those days. You will survive, I promise. Have fun and enjoy the holiday, I love Christmas music too.

dylan & lindsey said...

Cute blog! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! It was good talking with you today Chris!