Thursday, December 4, 2008

Giggling in 3D

Last night we took the kids plus Adam's friend Blaze and Amee to see a 3D movie at an Imax theater. Chris had gotten some free tickets so we went. It was a cute movie about Santa vs Snowman. My older kids I think have been to a 3D movie but it was a long time ago. I wouldn't think they could remember. Same with an IMAX movie. Eli had never been to either. It started out a riot just looking at each other in those goofy glasses. They weren't the disposable cardboard kind either. They were goofy plastic. We looked good! In the beginning of the movie they had a guy (all in animation by the way) on a ladder. And he was flinging paint everywhere including at us, then he ended up falling of course right on top of us. It was SO fun to watch all 4 kids giggling and flinching and moving out of the way. Heck even Chris, Amee, and I were probably doing that too. At one point Santa said there was someone in the room that had been bad and would receive a lump of coal this year. Then he said "and it's YOU!" And he pointed. Of course it looked like he was pointing at me , but to Eli he was pointing at him and to Abby it was pointing at her, ect. You get the picture. The kids really thought Santa was pointing only at them. It was some of the purest, funnest, giggling I have seen in a long time. It kinda turned back the clock for me too. It was fun to feel young again and to have my kids laughing and giggling together. No fighting, no leaving one of them out. It was something new and exciting for them. Even Adam and his friend were not too cool or mature to just let go and enjoy! I highly recommend 3D movies for kids! There is not much in this world that can thrill kids anymore, with all the technology but YAY!!!! for the 3D Movie!

3 comments:

Kerrie said...

Kaelyn watched Hanna Montana in 3D and didn't care too much for it. But Imax 3D is much better. Sounds like fun!

The Amayesings said...

How fun. what was the name of the movie? I want to go!

Cindy Ardis said...

Nice glasses everyone. Sounds like fun I'll have to try that sometime.