Monday, December 1, 2008

NOLA

Adam and I (Chris) took a trip to Louisiana to see Mom and Dad and Family. Oh yeah, we also went to watch a LSU football game and it was awesome, even though the game started out rough for LSU it ended up being awesome. As a matter of fact we witnessed the greatest comeback in LSU football history. A big thanks to Andy, who found the time somehow to go to the game with us. He knew exactly where to go, what to eat, and what to do to make the day truly awesome. We had a great time visiting and seeing everyone. Kelly, Kevin, and Jared came over from Florida for a visit and to go to the game. Oh yeah, we ate po boys almost everyday. I do not know what they put in those things, but man you never get tired of eating them. I should by stock in the short stop. Although I must say there are other po boy shops in the area that are pretty darn good as well, but no one can beat the roast beef at the short stop! Anyway we had a great time and I just wanted to share some photos of the trip.






Kevin, Jared, Kelly, Chris, and Adam before the big game!






This picture was taken at Chimes restaurant across the street from the LSU campus. I highly recomend it, the food and atmosphere was awesome!


This is Adam and I in front of the most awesome sight in all of college football. I am getting goose bumps just typing about it! Tiger Stadium, GEAUX TIGERS!

My Big Bro. Kevin scored us some LSU basketball tickets. The basketball game was the same day as the football game. It was a great day to be a Tiger Fan! They won the game, of course!

Once inside of TIGER Stadium, Death Valley and home of the 3 time national champs, it was goose pimples all over again! It was awesome!

The Tiger Marching Band!

The tailgating before the game was unbelievable. It was just like Mardi gras!



This shot was taken right after the game right behind the Tiger bench. We were so close to the players Adam got the attention of one of his favorite players, Brandon Lafell. Lafell gave Adam one of his recieving gloves he wore in the game! Adam was way excited. we found out on the way home that it was Lafell's best game as a Tiger and he was player of the game. Sweet!
Adam and I enjoyed the day so much we went back to Baton Rouge a secon day to revisit the campus of LSU. We visited Mike the Tiger, the Tiger's mascot. Mike was pretty impressive and is the coolest mascot in college football!
We went to the LSU sports museum. This a must see for any LSU fan, it was really cool. Here is a picture of Adam pointing out Brandon Lafell.


The trip was not all LSU! We took a plantation tour as well. Adam has been studying plantations in school so we decided to go see one for real. This is not the actual plantation, of course. This picture is actually part of it.

This is another picture on the plantation!































3 comments:

amee sorensen said...

Great pictures!! I'm still so very jealous! Maybe next year I can go! My favorite pic is the one of you and Adam after the game with the team behind you. I'm so glad ya'll got to go with the brothers and Andy! So fun!! And LaFell's glove Adam! Too cool!! =)

Kristine said...

Based on the way the story is written, I would have thought Chris had never been to Louisiana before. I'm glad he had so much fun, but he didn't mention me once!!!

Christy said...

I think you've instilled a little LSU pride in everyone!